Blog Archive

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Said the Teacher

I am 35 years old and am going back to college to purse a Master of Arts in Curriculum & Instruction. This is my second semester at New Mexico State University as a graduate student, and I have decided to add-on a graduate certificate program in Online Teaching & Learning. I consider myself reasonably savvy in technology and personally aware of the digital changes happening in our society and around the world.  This is exciting to me, and I am curious and ambitious to learn more about technology in the 21st century.

Here I am trying to stay ahead of the game in my classes, and as I review the class requirements, I read that students will be required to create a blog. I have created websites, social media spaces, and have responded to other peoples blog, but never have I come up with a topic and spilled out my guts and shared it online for all to read. Blogging seems a little intimidating to me, despite my outgoing personality. What if I write what I think is a valid point, and nobody reads it or responds to the blog? I'd feel like the third wheel in a weekend outing. 

I typically have a lot to say about something, especially if I am intellectually stimulated.  My brain always seems to be in constant thought about this, that, and everything! I am typically a good conversationalist, and can gab with someone on just about anything. I have many points of view, and many of them strong, but always in a respectful tone. I love to learn and allow my brain to absorb various issues and subjects through different media platforms. So why is it such a big deal to have to write a blog? This is my first attempt at a blog, and am not sure if my crazy ramblings are what it is all about? My professor requires a blog, I require a grade.

2 comments:

  1. Alisa,

    Well we have one thing in common and that is the love of learning. I especially love mathematics and am taking a course with Dr. Pat Baggett of which seems more like a fun place to work math problems.
    This is my first semester in grad school and am loving every minute of it.
    By the way, you were wondering about my blog background, if I remember correctly when creating the blog there are tabs along the top. Go to the design tab and that is where you can choose different layouts, colors and backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your excellent comments in yesterday's discussion on "blogs." I'm so glad you're in the class!

    ReplyDelete